The 13 Most Beautiful Things in the World: My Choice
A couple of days ago, my friend Mher Krikorian (@krikOrianm) asked on Twitter: “What is the most beautiful thing in the world?”
My fingers immediately went to my keyboard to answer, then I got thinking there would be so many more than could be listed in 140 characters.
I didn’t notice any replies, at least on the timeline Mher and I share.
I have been mulling it over since and kept adding to the list. There are so many beautiful things.
It was a good exercise to get away from all the news of violence and drums of war and focus on appreciation.
My immediate thought went to places, but although well traveled, it would be presumptuous in such a large universe.
Here are a few of the “things” that for me are the most beautiful in the world:
- Generosity of spirit and largesse
- A smile
- The love and protection of siblings
- The love given and returned to the special one
- The sun
- The sea
- Pink Floyd
- My home
- Good health
I could go on and on…
What do you consider the most beautiful thing in the world?
I have disabled comments on Mich Café due to the large amount of advertising spam. But you can contribute your “most beautiful things” on Facebook or Twitter.
- ‘My Beautiful Bahrain’: An Alternative View STEVE ROYSTON: Many of us who have decided to settle in Bahrain remain determined to see the positive in spite of the recent troubles...
- The Voice No More: Arab World Mourns Whitney Houston JUAN COLE: Arab musicians and artists have been fulsome in their praise of Whitney Houston who died yesterday. ...
- Taha Hussein: Arab World’s (Nearly) Nobel Choice M. LYNX-QUALEY: He was nominated twice but never matched the Arab World's only Nobel literature prize recipient, Naguib Mahfouz. ...
- Elias Khoury’s ‘Beautiful Letter’ to Bab Al Shams M. LYNX-QUALEY: The novelist Elias Khoury has written a letter to Palestinians who began building a village on land seized by Israel. A haunting, elegiac letter ...
- Dubai’s Top 5 Restaurants: A Personal Choice SARAH WALTON: I'm often asked what are my favourite restaurants in Dubai - well then, here they are. ...
- Vimto – The Drink of Choice for Ramadan MICH CAFE: No-one seems to know how it has happened but a modest, cordial drink from a small village in England is a firm Ramadan favourite. ...
by Mich Cafe
Micheline's blog, Mich Cafe, is mostly about her experiences and travels which she writes about and illustrates with old and new pictures. Micheline is based in Dubai, but regularly travels to Beirut.