The Nakba Revolution: The People Want to Return Home
The big surprise of the day comes from Golan heights , yes the Golan heights specifically Majdal Shams where a group of Palestinian refugees and Syrian as well “reportedly not less than 400” broke in to the borders and entered the village. Not less than 9 were reportedly shot down by the IDF while not less than 20 were injured.
Israeli TV claims that the four shot down were one Syrian and three Israelis, while Syrian TV claims that there were four Syrians. It has been reported that Israel has returned back the bodies of two Syrian citizens – so strange that Syrian TV is for the first time accurate! Some sources speak about the murder of some Israeli soldier there…
Here’s a video from Magdel Shams showing Palestinians and Syrians crossing the borders.
Here are also wonderful photos from today’s clashes in Magdel Shams, beautiful photos from local Golanian website Baldee.
Things are also intense and evolving dramatically in South of Lebanon at Maroun El Ras where thousands of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon were trying to get in to the other side.
Hundreds were injured and not less than 5 were killed including an old lady who was shot in the head.
Here is a video from Maroun El Ras.
Ironically, Israel only expressed fear about the Egyptian border and did not imagine what was going to happen on other borders.
An Israeli spokesperson accused Iran and the Syrian regime of sending those protesters to the Lebanese and Syrian borders with Israel. I do not know about the Lebanese borders but if we are going to speak about the Syrian borders well for sure what happened today was by the approval of the regime and had its support.
It is enough to see the photos of Bashar El Assad in the hands of these protesters to know it was approved by the Syrian regime. El Assad is messing with Israel and the States at the same he is trying to win back the position of the resistance in the region. Of course it is too late.
By the way I am not that angry about what happened in Golan because it revives hope, and reminds the people about the lost heights. Syrians now are wondering why the Syrian army did not protect these protesters in Golan heights instead of killing the Syrian protesters back home.
The big protest in Kalandia was cracked down upon violently by the IDF using its old techniques. What is the new is the spirit of the Palestinian youth. Hope is revived. Not less than 150 Palestinians were injured at Kalandia today.
I have not heard any reaction from the Palestinian authority or Hamas amazingly , seriously I have not heard anything from them. I have not heard anything from Damascus as well.
The Egyptian borders are actually the most calm borders thanks to its security measures. The Egyptian army stopped the advance of the march still some activists managed to get in to Al Arish through other ways from South. Nevertheless Cairo and Alexandria had their own Nakba protests in front of the Israeli embassy and consulate.
- Israeli Attack on Unarmed Protesters – Criminal JUAN COLE: Israeli troops have a wide variety of non-lethal means of dealing with unarmed protesters. That they opted for live ammunition....
- The American Threat to Syria’s Revolution RAMZY BAROUD: The American ambassador to Syria has established an 'up and at 'em' reputation. But what is the bigger picture for the United States in Syria at the moment? ...
- People Strike Back: Syrian Activists Take Up Arms NEWS FROM SYRIA: Syrian forces are facing armed resistance for the first time. Will this provide the government with an opportunity to 'divide and conquer'?...
- The Shifting, Complex Narratives that are Syria RAMZY BAROUD: There is no simple linear reading of the events that have overwhelmed Syria in recent months. The country is deeply embroiled in so many vital, strategic regional issues. ...
- Romney: A Return to a Black and White Foreign Policy FRANCIS MATTHEW: US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is suggesting a dangerous return to a simplistic foreign policy in which foreigners are divided simply into friends and foes....
- Israel Backs Itself Into Dangerous Cul-De-Sac JONATHAN COOK: 2011 marked the point at which the Palestinians called Israel's bluff and revealed Oslo to be nothing more than a stalling tactic. What does the upcoming year hold? ...
"I am just Egyptian girl who lives in the present with the glories of the past and hopes in a better future for herself and for her country..."